> Healthy Living Programs
Elder Services and Hebrew SeniorLife established the Healthy Living Center of Excellence in 2008. Hebrew SeniorLife, is an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, nonprofit, and non-sectarian organization devoted to innovative gerontology and geriatric research. It also provides senior health care, long-term nursing home care, and senior housing in Greater Boston communities to improve the lives of older adults.
The Healthy Living Center of Excellence provides evidence-based workshops in both English and Spanish to teach individuals about the prevention and management of chronic diseases and other health concerns. These evidence-based workshops are the result of research and development at national universities and medical organizations that have proven positive results for participants. There are 15 workshops offered in English and some in Spanish.
- A Matter of Balance
- Better Choices, Better Health
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Community Care Transitions Program
- Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Fit for Your Life Program
- Healthy Eating for Successful Living in Older Adults
- Healthy IDEAS
- Living la Vida Dulce (Diabetes Self-Management Program in Spanish)
- Mi Vida, Mi Salud: Tomando Control de su Salud (Chronic Disease Self-Management Program in Spanish)
- Positive Self-Management Program for HIV
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Savvy Caregiver
The Center has received national awards for innovation in educational programming, and has helped over 3,300 individuals learn to be good health care consumers and better manage chronic health conditions. The Center also established a coalition of community organizations and trained other health care professionals to expand healthy living programming throughout Massachusetts. To learn more about the Healthy Living Center of Excellence or to access information about programs in your community, please visit, http://www.healthyliving4me.org.